Charleston Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney
Have You Been Treated Unfairly in the Workplace?
Unfair treatment in the workplace can involve many types of unlawful discriminatory actions against employees. If you have been a victim of pregnancy discrimination, your legal rights have been violated. Taking legal action can help not only you, but others who may potentially run into the same situation where you work. At Rod Smith Law PLLC, we strongly believe in holding employers accountable for violating the rights of employees.
Talk to a Charleston pregnancy discrimination lawyer at (304) 553-0337 or contact us online.
Our employment lawyers bring more than 25 years of combined legal experience to each case and proudly serve clients throughout Chaleston, Morgantown, and West Virginia. We are prepared to fight for you. If the employer or insurance company is not willing to pay you what you deserve, we will be ready to fight for you in court.
Pregnancy Discrimination in West Virginia
The state of West Virginia protects pregnant women in the workplace under the West Virginia Human Rights Act, Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, and West Virginia Common Law. These laws make discrimination and harassment against women affected by pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions unlawful by employers. The law applies to both job applicants as well as employees.
Under the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, employers are subject to the following:
- They must provide reasonable accommodations for the limitations that pregnancy and childbirth may bring unless such accommodations would cause undue hardship on the company
- They cannot deny employment opportunities due to refusing to make such accommodations
- They cannot make the employee take a leave of absence if another accommodation can be provided
- They cannot force to accept an unreasonable accommodation
- They cannot retaliate against an employee who makes a complaint or takes legal action regarding their pregnancy discrimination
Charleston Employment Lawyer Serving Morgantown & West Virginia
Once you consult with an employment law attorney at Rod Smith Law PLLC, we can fully investigate your situation to determine the facts and begin building your claim. Depending on your case, you may be eligible to recover compensation for back pay or lost wages, emotional distress, and legal fees. With our team on your side, you can trust that your case will be managed by a team that truly cares about bringing you justice.
You deserve to be treated fairly. Contact us at (304) 553-0337 to get started.